Thursday, March 09, 2006

LOST: Motivation (please return to Sara if found)

I have realized lately that I am lacking motivation to do anything these days. I mean I love curling and I am committed to it 110%, but outside of that I don't have the energy to do much more in the winter.

Most nights when I get home from work and don't have to curl, I make dinner, clean up, catch a tv program and hit the hay around 10:30 or 11. It's ridiculous....I can't imagine having kids at this stage....where would I find the energy? I am sure there are a pile of mothers out there that will tell me 'somehow you find it' -- and I do believe that, but it's hard to envision it at this point in my life. P and I are so busy through the week that I welcome the nights to just do nothing, but its hard to do that without feeling a little bit of guilt. I always think I will take a walk after dinner around my lovely francophone neighbourhood, but when push comes to shove, I would really rather watch a rerun of Sex in the City or Friends. The weekends that I don't curl I usually spend cleaning the house, doing laundry, groceries, etc. -- if I don't absolutely have to leave the house, then I don't. It's becoming increasingly more satisfying to stay in doors on the weekends when I don't have to curl, which again...is ridiculous.

All I can say is that if I were walking through Shopper's Drug Mart and saw an over the counter drug packaged with a label that said 'MOTIVATION' I would buy it without even reading the fine print.

But since I haven't seen this package of pills (and believe me I've browsed the aisles of the local Shopper's D) I will continue to search for some motivation for this poor little French student.